Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Long Time No See... Happy Wed!

Shame on me! It's been a while since I have posted.... a couple new things have happened, an update is in order!!!! ;)

I started school since my last post, and man, Chemistry is just not something my brain is overjoyed to hear about.... when my professor is blathering on and on about atomic compounds, Dalton's Theories, Law of Definite Proportions and Law of Multiple Proportions and the difference between the two..... my mind just WANDERS..... it doesn't want to focus and make sense of what I am hearing, my mind wants to think about other important things, okay, STOP. My mind needs to focus and Chemistry is important. I have to figure out a way to make this exciting! So what am I going to do? You ask.... Well to be honest haven't got that far, just know that I need to like it and be excited about it. We have our first Lab Test Thursday, quiz AND Lab experiment over measure - we get to must wear goggles! Score. On that note, more to come after Thursday...

Last week my mothers mom turned a whopping 96 years young! I got to spend sometime with her on Friday/Saturday. It was a quick trip and I loved every minute I got to spend with her! Happy Birthday Alma Lee!

most of the ladies at the lunch! - we missed a few :)

Saturday evening was the kickoff and my first time as a volunteer at The MIX NEWERA, it used to be on Wednesday evenings but has now moved to Saturday evenings after the service! It's from 6-8pm and there are free snacks & drinks! It's an exciting time to be in the youth at Fellowship Church - Grapevine and all campuses! I am on the "connector crew" which means that I greet all incoming traffic and try to connect with youth that have not been to FC before and get them plugged in and possibly meet some new friends! Drew Nguyen and Derek Donley are the youth pastors and they are absolutely great!!!! I had such a awesome time meeting families and their middle schoolers!! (is that a word? oh well I'm using it)...I can't wait for this Saturday to see what God has in-store!!!!!! :) Definitely humbled by the experience. 



I had the opportunity of speaking to an ED PA-C at Children's because of a connection I had made through my current job and I hopefully will begin shadowing her starting next Wednesday! I am sooooo excited! :) I. CAN. NOT. WAIT.


Flavour Sisterhood is this evening at 7pm and I'm psyched! I haven't been going a lot because I have been in school but now that I have school only tues/thurs I can!! It's an hour of time where women can come together and worship the Lord! :)


Hope you all are having a wonderful week so far! It's almost Friday, we can make it. My verse today is: "I saw a scroll in the right hand of the One who was sitting on the throne. There was writing on the inside and the outside of the scroll, and it was sealed with seven seals." Revelation 5:1 - The Lord has secured our future. Amen! 

Happy Wednesday.

XO, 
KB

No comments:

Post a Comment