Monday, August 27, 2012

Weekend came and went....

Last week a lot of exciting things occurred! It showed me that God is really moving in my life but the more he moves the more trusting I have to be and especially patient. I am so excited for what is happening now but also what is to come! So to update and post my late High Five For Friday! Better late than never, as they say..

1.) Saturday evening I attended a leadership meeting for The Mix (6th-8th grade) to volunteer. I am joining the leadership team for TheMIX at Fellowship Church Grapevine! and it used to be on Wednesday evenings but now it will be on Saturday evenings starting September 8th! I'm very excited to begin working with the student ministry again (I worked with Denton Bible Church when I lived in Denton).



2.) I got to speak with not only 1 but 3 PA's about shadowing in the future and 2 of them are at Children's Medical Center - I am so excited because I have always been interested in pursuing Pediatrics! It's now feeling like my dream is closer than ever and I can only thank God for it!!! I will begin after September shadowing an Orthopaedic Surgery PA and the others have yet to set up a schedule but I have a feeling it will be soon!!!!! SO EXCITING. (if you can't tell I'm basically jumping for joy over here!!!!)




3.) Okay so this may be silly but I bought this book thinking even if it doesn't help maybe I will learn something from it. Well let me tell you this is a little gem, I am so glad I bought it! It is very helpful and if I could tell the author one thing - is that I am so appreciative for him giving me a new perspective on making goals, and achieving them also just staying positive through the whole process even if I become discouraged! It's great to hear someone's perspective that is on the other side, that has already experienced what I am going to experience! So Thank you Andrew Rodican!!!


4.) My job! - for those of you that don't know I work at UT Southwestern Medical Center - University Hospitals as a Senior Administrative Assistant for the Chief Financial Officer and Assistant Vice President of Non-Clinical Support Services. I am really blessed to have the job that I have. It is extremely flexible and my boss' are very understanding; also there are a number of perks that come with the job. I mainly am thankful because with starting back to school - they are certainly lenient if I need to study, or take a test, or whatever the case maybe. In past jobs I have not had such lenient supervisors/boss'. So I am so appreciative that the Lord has blessed me with a wonderful position, even if is not the position I/He plans for me to stay in.

5.) I am very excited about the new series our pastor Ed Young is going to begin on September 8th and 9th called "I am not ____ enough."


Hope you all had a great weekend! I enjoyed mine, I didn't really do much of anything! It was relaxing.  HAPPY MONDAY! It's a brand new day, if today were your last day - how would you make His name known to the world. Also Happy First Day of School to all the kiddies out there as well as my teacher friends! My first day is tomorrow. I'm nervous/excited! :)

XOXO,
Kristi Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment