Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Tired is an UNDERSTATEMENT, but Joy Comes in the Morning!

Okay, where to begin?

Since my last post on Friday I have been a little more on edge because of the overwhelming amount of information I need to know for my recent tests and on top of that work takes away from the time I get to study. . . . .

However, I have been getting to spend more time in the word with God (I AM SO THANKFUL) and there is a peace I'm experiencing, like whatever happens its all going to be okay because He is with me. I know that this is not something new, but its like I am just now trusting that I can do all things through Him and whatever His plan is then it will be. (Philippians 4:13; 1 Peter 5:7)

On July 15, 2012, something stirred inside of me, ha not something the Holy Spirit tugged, okay more like YANKED on my heart at Fellowship Church in Grapevine, during Ed's Throwback - Getting Back to the Basics Part 1 series; I was sitting 2 rows from the front and he was teaching on verses:
 "I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture." - John 10:9 
"once the homeowner gets up and shuts the door. Then you will stand outside and knock on the door, saying, ‘Lord, open up for us!’ He will answer you, ‘I don’t know you or where you’re from." - Luke 13:25

Pastor Ed Young said, a lot of people think you can just become a Christian whenever you want, Luke 13:25 is some frightening text that states once the door is closed at some point, it will not open again. You have certain opportunities, certain venues, certain times and one day, God will shut the door - that is ONE of Satan's biggest lies that the door will always be open and you can live the way you want right now and become a Christian later.

It. hit. me. so. hard. I have been a Christian since I was 6 years old - btw that is for 19 years and I have never comprehended so clearly. Now even though I have become a Christian and this may not be relevant to me - I had not been living as the Bible and the Lord commanded. Right then I made a commitment with myself that I would try harder to be the Proverbs 31 woman the Lord wants me to be. I also deep down have always wanted to, but I have been a follower as much as it hurts to admit that especially on something so public as this blog but I was when I reached my senior year of high school, I changed, maybe not it big ways but I changed. When I turned 21, more changed and continuing on until this moment; July 15, 2012 - it was like I was hit on the head and God was speaking only to me that He wanted me to wake up and act right, that's as best as I can put it.... I was very emotional, only like one glistening tear and it was in the comfort of my own home but still.

The Lord has blessed me by opening my eyes again, yes I said AGAIN because I have not always been so disobedient and blind. Thankful for reminders and constant grace, His love is everlasting. I am not worried about the future because my God is with me.

Are you struggling with living in the light of the Lord? (Ephesians 4:17-32) Do you sometimes feel like if you're not perfect then you should just give up on trying to be "good"? Do you become discouraged sometimes at the tiniest setbacks? If you have ever felt this way or can relate to what I've said, I hope you will leave a comment and share your view, journey, encouragement, etc!

Here is one last verse to give you something to think about today:
Rejoice always. Pray without ceasing. Give thanks in all circumstances for this is the
will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
1 Thess 5:16-18 ESV


Prayers are always welcomed, Lord knows I can use all the prayers I can get! If you would like me to pray for you, email me here or leave a comment :)

In Him, 


No comments:

Post a Comment